Healthmine officially kicked off the 2022 Star Ratings Webinar Series with a detailed and timely presentation covering the wide array of technical changes coming to the Medicare Advantage (MA) Star Ratings program in measurement year (MY) 2022.
In part one of the series, EVP of Consulting and Professional Services Melissa Smith is joined by two of Healthmine’s Senior Consultants, Cynthia Pawley-Martin and Dwight Pattison, to share their takeaways and insights drawn from recent technical and regulatory updates to the Stars program.
This hour-long webinar session is full of tactical advice and industry knowledge to help you upgrade your Stars work plan and prepare your team for the future of Star Ratings. Main topics of the webinar include:
- Where to find the most credible and accurate sources of information to stay updated on new and proposed technical changes
- Key updates to Star Ratings for the next three years, plus a downloadable cheat sheet for daily use and strategic planning
- The most influential changes impacting MY2022 and what they mean for plans moving forward
- New measure retirements and additions, including how to make accurate data calculations throughout the year and determine which members should be prioritized to make the greatest impact on your quality goals
- How the increase of CAHPS and Administrative measures to 4x weight will impact the Star Ratings “Math Path”
- Overview of recent announcements highlighting CMS' drive to advance health equity in MA, ACA, and Medicaid
- Review of significant changes introduced by CMS to rewards and incentives programs for MA plans, and how to ensure your program maintains compliance when they take effect
Melissa Smith concludes the session with a thorough Q&A to address the questions that are keeping Star teams up at night amidst the rapidly changing measure and program guidelines. Be sure to watch until the very end to hear some extra tips and tricks to improve your Star Ratings as we head into 2022.