Telephonic outreach has long been the “bread and butter” for health plans trying to drive health actions such as Annual Wellness Visits and HEDIS® gap closure performance. However, members who answer phone calls and take action today are few and far between. Plans can’t sustain relying on the telephone for much longer. The solution? Digital engagement.
In a recent webinar, Melissa Smith, EVP of Consulting and Professional Services, and Kent Holdcroft, EVP of Growth, shared how health plans can harness digital engagement technology to address whole-person care and create a positive member experience. The webinar was originally presented to members of The Association for Community Affiliated Plans (ACAP), a national trade association that represents not-for-profit Safety Net Health Plans. The topics covered are beneficial and applicable for anyone trying to keep up with the rapid evolution of digital engagement and quickly evolve their member strategy to improve quality measures.
Speaking from extensive experience, Kent and Melissa have both worked within health plans and together have nearly two decades of experience creating engagement strategies to close care gaps to improve quality measurements. In this presentation, they’ll introduce you to the better, faster, and more efficient ways to tackle these issues using the power of technology. In just under an hour, Melissa and Kent will walk you through the following topics:
- How a digital strategy can influence outcomes, Star ratings, and care gaps, as well as improve consumer sentiment and experience with health plans.
- Tips for empowering provider networks to improve performance and close care gaps using comprehensive digital tools.
- How to layer alternative communication methods to ensure inclusion of individuals within digital deserts.
- A peek inside how health plans are modernizing their member engagement post-pandemic from the lens of a top industry consultant.
- Ways in which digital engagement can be a bridge to reach the right people, at the right time.
- Why “whole person” data synchronization is a vital element of your digital strategy and how to keep a longitudinal member record that includes self-reported data.
- How to use CAHPS and HRA survey data to uncover why a member might not be completing an important health action.
- What to look for in a vendor to ensure you create a streamlined, effective member engagement strategy.
As digital engagement continues to evolve from “transactional engagement” to “relational engagement,” it’s important for plans to learn how to effectively scale their member-centric programs and community efforts. Watch this webinar recording to learn how technology applications like HealthMine can help you evolve without large expansions of staff. Click below to access the full presentation.